Sunday, October 9, 2016

Flipped Learning Network


When choosing an educational social networking site to join, the Flipped Learning Network immediately stood out to me. I have to admit that I know very little about "flipped learning," so I turned this into an opportunity to do some research. From my understanding, flipped learning seems to involve delivering instructional content to students outside the classroom. Students then take that knowledge and use it to collaborate with others on online discussions, and then come to class prepared to engage in those concepts. This method seems to emphasize the teacher's role as a facilitator or moderator of classroom discussion, rather than the sole source of knowledge in the class. I think that this is a very interesting method. Because I am curious as to how this applies to the foreign language classroom, I decided to join the World Language Teachers group!

No comments:

Post a Comment